Re: Windows/WSL textedit handling (was Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Windows/WSL textedit handling (was Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes in Preview)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 08:45:46 +0200

Il giorno gio 19 lug 2018 alle 22:15, Aaron Hill <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On 2018-07-19 10:10, Federico Bruni wrote:
I made a quick try now and not surprisingly (I'm not a Windows user) did not work.

This stuff is significantly advanced for the average Windows user. Also, I would consider my approach here more akin to a hack or kludge. For posterity, I will reiterate that my configuration is very unusual and not representative of a typical Windows system. Unless you too are running LilyPond via WSL and wanting to launch Visual Studio Code, then do expect work on your side to adapt things for your needs.

- have you used a multistring for Classes\textedit key? Otherwise you
cannot put the two lines.

All strings are simple REG_SZ values. I am not sure what you mean by "the two lines", so please clarify that so I can best advise.

I was confused by the text you pasted.
I've now found this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/389204/how-do-i-create-my-own-url-protocol-e-g-so

and I quickly managed to register the protocol.

- I guess that the CMD path to lilypond-invoke-editor is wrong (it
seems a Linux path). Should I use what PowerShell gcm finds for it?

It must be a Linux-centric path because I am using WSL to launch it. You could not use anything else. And PowerShell's Get-Command will not return anything useful, as it has no vision into WSL. (Someone probably has a PowerShell addon that addresses that.)

Ok, I see.

I'd like to try not to use WSL, if possible.
I'm working on it and I might be close, but I need some help with Scheme. I'll open a new thread...