Is it possible to replace a number with variable inside a pair?

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Is it possible to replace a number with variable inside a pair?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 10:35:04 +0300

Hi,

I tried the following:

lineThickness = 5
\markup \override #'(thickness . #lineThickness) \draw-hline

But it seems I cannot give the variable inside the pair. This works:

lineThicknessPair = #'(thickness . 5)
\markup \override #lineThicknessPair \draw-hline

Is there any way to make it work with just a single number variable? I even tried the variable without the '#' or replaced it with a '\'. I just got different errors.

BR,
Risto