Re: Music functions for repetition

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Music functions for repetition
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 17:44:24 +0200

Álvaro Cáceres Muñoz <address@hidden> writes:

> I am starting to play with lilypond functions. I wanted to write a function
> that allowed me to use repeat unfold, but typing less. This is the code I
> have right now:
>
> \version "2.14.2"

All bets are off with that version.

> rpt =
> #(define-music-function
>      (parser location repetitions drumnotes)
>      (number? ly:music?)
>    #{
>        \repeat unfold #repetitions #drumnotes
>    #}
> )

Also fails in current version.  Write $drumnotes instead of #drumnotes :
it would appear that \repeat does not take unqualified Scheme
expressions as its music argument.

Which is a pity since $drumnotes will cause an unnecessary copy but I
don't see a good way around it right now short of writing the whole
thing completely in Scheme rather than using #{ #} .

--
David Kastrup