Re: partcombine for choir and piano?

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: partcombine for choir and piano?
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 23:58:29 +0200

Hi Simon,

thanks for your helpful answer.

Am 02.08.2018 um 23:37 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
>>   + The positioning of dynamics is better for partcombine.
>>     Why are all dynamics below the staff for the voices-setup by default?
> I’m not sure what you mean.

Here is what I mean: When I combine two voice in one staff like this:

 <<
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice { \voiceOne a'\f b' }
    \new Voice { \voiceTwo f'\f g' }

  \new Lyrics \lyricmode { a b }

There are two forte signs (one would be enough) below the staff (above
would be better). I understand that I have to take care because of the
lyrics. But why isn't the upper voices' dynamics above the staff - as
\voiceOne does set the direction for so many other things?

\partcombine is better by default - still the dynamics are below the staff.

Is this a reasonable way to combine the two voices?

 <<
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice { \voiceOne \dynamicUp a'\f b' }
    \new Voice { \voiceTwo \omit DynamicText f'\f g' }

  \new Lyrics \lyricmode { a b }

Best,
Joram