Re: Lilypond & Halfdiminished/Diminished symbols.

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Lilypond & Halfdiminished/Diminished symbols.
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 23:12:52 -0500

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 10:42 PM <address@hidden> wrote:

> Righteo..that is the way Unix work.
>
> If you complain, then fix it yourself.

Not going there.

> However, I did not complain, just pointed out that programming the
> "general case" is always preferable and the prudent way.

I think you are misunderstanding what the code is designed for.  It's
not meant to give you LaTex-like control, rather to eliminate the
tedious complexities of creating symbols in wide use in a narrow
context.

Your intentions as they have become clearer over the thread don't
match.  (I did tell you how you can easily enlarge the symbols, but
that could quickly become tiresome.)  But perhaps there's something in
the code that you can use towards your own goals.  Like, for example,
the routines for drawing the diminished and half-diminished circles.
Like parsing input.  Whatever.

If you provide a code sample, more than likely there is someone who
will help you further.

Best,
David