Re: modern-straight-flag in tempo indication or markup

From: Ben
Subject: Re: modern-straight-flag in tempo indication or markup
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 09:35:14 -0400

On 8/9/2018 8:50 AM, Thomas Morley wrote:
Hello List,

Is there a way to have a modern-straight-flag in tempo indication or in a \note markup ?
I tried different tweaks,  to get a straight flag for an eight note in a tempo indication but it is not happening.

Even if \override Flag.stencil = #modern-straight-flag is declared in the  \Score context  it apparently doesn't work for tempo or markup.

I will be very gratefull for a solution.
\override Score.MetronomeMark.flag-style = #'modern-straight-flag

HTH,
  Harm

If you use the modern flag in the metronome/tempo mark, how can you include the circa markup while preserving the modern as well?

I can't quite figure out the correct code. Here's what I have so far. Thank you!
(img attached)

%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.82"
\language "english"

% I'd like to have a modern flag while keeping all of this formatting the same but simply add a "ca" to it.
\new Staff \with {
  instrumentName = #""
  shortInstrumentName = #""
}
\relative c' {
  \override Score.MetronomeMark.flag-style = #'modern-straight-flag
  \tempo Allegro 8 = 120
  c d e f

}

% i.e. How can I make the 120 look like the above, instead of the bold 'markup' appearance?
\relative c' {
  \tempo \markup {
    \concat {
      \smaller \general-align #Y #DOWN \note #"8" #1
      " = "
      \tiny
       "ca."
      \hspace #0.25