Re: Lilypond & Halfdiminished/Diminished symbols.

From: liebrecht
Subject: Re: Lilypond & Halfdiminished/Diminished symbols.
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 17:19:23 -0400

Congratulations,
Whatever.
Good luck.

On 2018-08-09 14:32, address@hidden wrote:

> Neither of the snippets in this thread are under the GPL. Lilypond
> itself is GPLv3, but LSR snippets are public domain and David's code
> is MIT. If you are worried that you might be using the latter in an
> objectional way, David N is the one you should talk to, although as
> David K pointed out you are unlikely to be sued over copyright here.
>
> Also, not that it matters in this context, I don't think that the GPL
> requires you to return your modifications to the original author. I
> suggest reading more[2][3][4] about this license.

As mentioned I dont care about David's code, I will start from scratch
from the snippet.
I appreciate the link it is very helpful thank you.
I have to taylor it my way and extend it as needed.
You are right, the snippet is public domain and I rather follow that
path than getting involved in mysterious MIT licenses.

The snippet, incidentally, is by me.

All the best,
David