Re: Include path syntax on Mac

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Include path syntax on Mac
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 22:40:57 +0200

> On 15 Aug 2018, at 21:49, David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Wed 15 Aug 2018 at 10:07:11 (+0200), Hans Åberg wrote:
>>
>> Also, it seems it adds the directory before the current in the call
>> argument. Normally in compilers, one would expect -I to only affect input
>> directives occurring in files, I think.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. Do you mean that
>
>    lilypond -I ~/LilyLib source.ly
>
> is interpreted as meaning
>
>    lilypond -I ~/LilyLib ~/LilyLib/source.ly
>
> in MacOS?

Yes. So a file ./source.ly in the current directory won't be compiled, only if
the file ~/LilyLib/source.ly does not exist.

I would have expected that -I only affects \include within the file ./source.ly
and others, and not the command line itself, like in GCC.

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.2/gcc/Preprocessor-Options.html#Preprocessor-Options
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-8.2.0/gcc/Directory-Options.html#Directory-Options