Re: Proprietary Software term

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Proprietary Software term
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2018 20:42:24 +1000

Incompatibility for the second term, vendor lock-in for the first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vendor_lock-in

Andrew

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 at 20:17, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I'm pulling my hair because I don't manage to find a certain term to use in an abstract.

We've talked about the issue over and over again, but how do we call it when using proprietary software prevents us from changing the tools to work with our data/documents? (Well, actually the same effect that prevents us to edit LilyPond scores with other programs, although that's not for license but only for practical reasons).