Re: tuplet error

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: tuplet error
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 00:35:50 -0700

On 2018-08-23 22:50, Andrew Bernard wrote:
As a keyboard player who has recently taken up flute myself, I am compelled
to ask what you actually mean by this notation? To me it is not at all
clear, and in my engraving work, clarity for the reader is my prime
consideration at all times and in all contexts. Won't other players also be confused? [I admit that this may be a common flute notation I have not got
up to yet.]

Not OP, but I believe that notation means to play a sequence of single note tremolos, with the single slash indicating eighth-note subdivisions. So each dotted half is played as six eighth notes, following the specified tuplet timing. That is, think of `g2.:8` as `g8 8 8 8 8 8`.

-- Aaron Hill