Re: Intervalic Chord Names

From: Tom Swan
Subject: Re: Intervalic Chord Names
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 13:18:31 -0400 (EDT)

That worked perfectly! Thank you. I am not very familiar with lilypond
internals, but now I am also intrigued by your solution. I am determined now to
learn scheme. :-)

> Do you need lowercase numbers (i to vii) too? And how about accidentals?

I am comfortable with IVm7 or IV-7 but I am curious how you would select
lowercase ii, vi, etc.? If the chord is c:m7 would that choose lowercase
somehow? That would be pretty cool. Now I'm thinking of expanding this to
respect the key (e.g. if the key is changed to F, would the intervalic chords
remain unchanged in the output?) I don't really need to do that; just wondering
aloud.