Re: landscape printing and viewing

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: landscape printing and viewing
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2018 12:55:32 -0500

On Sun 09 Sep 2018 at 19:17:54 (+0200), Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> I used someting like
>
> \paper {
>   #(set-paper-size "a4" 'landscape)
> }
>
> My score is turned 90 degrees and formatted for landscape printing.
> This is ok for printing but my viewer (Evince) doesn't turn the page
> for viewing on my laptop's screen . I have a nice tool named "pdfmod"
> that allows me to fix this and now the file looks good on paper and on
> on screen.
>
> But shouldn't lilypond do this for me?
>
> I'm using lilypond 2.19.82 on Linux Fedora 28.

AIUI:

LilyLib/Letter-landscape.ily :
\version "2.19.49" % 2017-06-14

%% See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2017-05/msg00017.html
%% The paper itself is rotated to landscape.

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "letterlandscape")
}

LilyLib/Letter-rotated.ily :
\version "2.19.49" % 2017-06-14

%% See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2017-05/msg00017.html
%% The music is rotated to landscape, but the paper itself is still portrait.

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "letter" 'landscape)

David.