Re: [Frescobaldi] convert-ly don't work in 3.0.1 in Windows

From: Anders Eriksson
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] convert-ly don't work in 3.0.1 in Windows
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 16:51:49 +0200

Importing MusicXML also does nothing!

Is there a log somewhere, nothing is displayed in the log window...

// Anders

On 2018-09-11 16:24, Urs Liska wrote:

Am 11.09.2018 um 02:06 schrieb Urs Liska:

Am 10.09.2018 um 19:07 schrieb Urs Liska:

Am 10. September 2018 18:29:32 MESZ schrieb Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:

OK, I have put my hands on the code that calls convert-ly (https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/commit/ab9cda16d96564a86fd2580c05d3ec86c63b7e51) .

It turns out that indeed Frescobaldi just invokes 'convert-ly' (with the absolute path, according to the current LilyPond version) without any notion of Python2/Python3.

On Linux this is a shell script that explicitly starts the Python bundled with LilyPond,

I don't know what exactly happens with this on Windows, but I think it *should* work, since it relies on what is bundled with LilyPond, not the Python3 from Frescobaldi.

I think I'd need more information to give a better opinion.
Best
Urs

One question: IIUC this should not only affect convert-ly, but also importing MusicXML, MIDI or ABC. Could someone check that, please?

Urs