Re: add vertical space to ottava

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: add vertical space to ottava
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 10:56:56 -0400

Hi Ryan,

>> I simply want to increase the vertical space between the ottava in the other
>> elements. How do I accomplish this?
> \override Staff.OttavaBracket.extra-offset = #'(0 . 2)

I always reserve extra-offset for the very last resort, because it doesn’t
interact with the spacing algorithms (i.e., it moves grobs after all the
automagic spacing is already done). In this case, one way to do that would be
to use

 \override Staff.OttavaBracket.staff-padding = #3

instead of the extra-offset tweak suggested above.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info