Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi

From: Engraver
Subject: Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 06:47:35 +0200

It means you don't have all the required dependencies installed. Beginning with guile-1.8, plus all the others in the error message. The way forward is to install each of them. I'm my experience it was quite a puzzle to find all the right package names. It took al lot of googling. Unfortunately I did not write them down. For guile I do remember you have to install the guile-1.8-dev package. If your distribution is debian based, installing is done by typing

sudo apt-get install guile-1.8-dev

At leat the error message about guile should disappear.

I managed to compile lilypond on my arm based tablet, create a deb-package from and used that to install lilypond on one of my raspberries. If you are interested I could sent it to you. I 'm not at home at the moment so it'll have to wait till I get back.

Regards,
Auke