Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi

From: Partitura Organum
Subject: Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 21:36:25 +0200

The deb-file is too large for the list and my message was rejected.
I added it to my website, so you can download it there: http://partitura.org/index.php/lilypond/ I'd like to hear whether or not you succeed in installing it on your Raspberry.

Regards,
Auke

On 15-10-2018 17:52, Partitura Organum wrote:

Here is the deb-package.
You have to place it somewhere on your Raspberry Pi and install it with:
"dpkg -i lilypond_2.21.0_armhf.deb" (without the quotes, of course).

To run Lilypond I needed to install three more dependicies on my Raspberry: guile 1.8, Libpangoft and ghostscript. The most recent version of Raspbian is based on Debian Stretch and Guile 1.8 is not part of Stretch. To be able to install it, you have to modify the sources.list of apt-get. Type: "sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list", add the line "deb http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian jessie main ", and save the file. Then run
"sudo apt-get update" and
"sudo apt-get install guile-1.8-dev"

The other two dependicies are installed by typing:
"sudo apt-get install libpangoft2-1.0"
"sudo apt-get install ghostscript"

After that, you should be able to run Lilypond on your Raspberry. It works on mine.

Regards,
Auke