Re: Force text on line without using \textLengthOn

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Force text on line without using \textLengthOn
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 10:05:11 -0400

Hi Urs,

Sorry I didn’t get in on this thread earlier — too much going on!

> Without *really* understanding everything I was able to create
> 'make-with-empty-x-markup' that produces a markup with an empty X and the
> original Y extent:

Not sure if these functions are helpful to you, but I use these to create
markups that bypass the horizontal and/or vertical spacing algorithm(s):

ignoreH =
   \propertyTweak horizontal-skylines ##f
   \propertyTweak extra-spacing-width #empty-interval
   \etc

ignoreV =
   \propertyTweak vertical-skylines ##f
   \propertyTweak extra-spacing-height #empty-interval
   \etc

ignore = \ignoreH \ignoreV \etc

Just in case they’re helpful!
Kieren.