Helper macros for music analysis

From: Jérôme Plût
Subject: Helper macros for music analysis
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 14:43:34 +0100

I wrote some macros to help write analysis of musical pieces.
Here is an example file (on Bach's Invention I).

Structural analysis is (of course) performed by hand, and displayed on
a Lyrics structure on top of the music. (This part is only a set of
very simple macros).

Harmonic analysis is performed mostly by hand (I also have some code
that does harmonic analysis, but it works mostly on chorales; the code
here only detects octave-drop cadences) and displayed on a Lyrics
structure below the music.

The code also does a bit of motif analysis, which is done
automatically (motives are declared once by hand, then later
occurrences and inversions are identified automatically).

The enclosed files:
  motif.scm  contains most of the parentheses
  bwv772.ly  is the example for Invention I

TThe code compiles with both v2.18 (Debian stable; this is the only
version I have access to on some of my systems) and v2.19.

I am interested in any feedback you would have on this code!

--
        Jérôme