Incomplete tie at line break

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Incomplete tie at line break
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 12:24:06 +0000

My subject line only partially describes the problem.

I find that a tie is not shown after a line-break if the following
conditions are all true:
1. There is a line-break (as stated)
2. There is a new time signature
3. There is a MetronomeMark
4. The staff concerned has \consists Metronome_mark_engraver

If either the MetronomeMark or the TimeSignature is omitted, the tie
gets printed.

This problem has arisen in a full score, where it is customary practice
to have tempo markings printed over the first violins staff as well as
at the top of the score.  My first violins are missing half a tie!

The following illustrates the problem.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.82"

\paper { indent = 0 ragged-right = ##t }

global = { \time 3/4 s2.
           \break
           \time 2/4 \tempo "Allegro" s2 }

<<
  \new Staff
  <<\global
    { R2. R2 }

  \new Staff \with { \consists Metronome_mark_engraver }
  <<\global
    { r2 f'4~ f'2 }

This seems to be a bug.  What would be the simplest way to get around
it?

David