Re: controlling the tie "gap" [and a possible bug?]

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: controlling the tie "gap" [and a possible bug?]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 17:57:00 -0500

Hi David,

> As I did say: the image shows the same kind of sympton as the code does
> but is clearly from different code, having a bar line between fourth and
> fifth note.

Ah. Must have had the old code (with barline) in my clipboard when I pasted it.
Sorry/thanks.

> It does beg the question why one would use consecutive slurs
> rather than one large one, though.

I’m working on a Schenker graph for a music theory journal.

> Hopefully whatever prescription accompanied the diagnosis will work well.

Yes, the penicillin has already moved swallowing from "feels like razor blades"
to "only markedly uncomfortable".

> Of course, they do tend to take a toll of their own.

Indeed: last year, I had a bout of pneumonia, and the first round of
antibiotics prescribed had to be replaced by another because of the
gastrointestinal distress it caused me…

> Computers can be quite obstinate in doing what you tell them
> rather than what you mean.

Darned computers!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer