Re: Lyrics not under correct staff

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lyrics not under correct staff
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 13:38:49 +0100

Peter Toye <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks Andrew - of course I should have used a Voice not a Staff!
>
> I don't really understand the LP version numbering system. Normally I'd have
> assumed that third-level changes were for very minor upgrades, and anything
> which really affected the language would be a change at the second level. Or
> are you saying that there are bugs in 2.19.52 which aren't in 2.19.82? I
> don't follow the releases in detail as I'm only an occasional user.

Stable releases are x.even.y and y increases only with minor changes.
Development releases are x.odd.y and y increases regularly while
features are added.  Stable releases are intended for long-term use and
stability.  Development releases for access to newest features some of
which may be unstable and/or unreliable/unfinished.  For that reason, if
you upgrade rather rarely, development releases are an iffy choice.  If
you decide for using a development release, it makes sense to update
regularly.

--
David Kastrup