Re: Comparison of Musescore, Sibelius and Dorico -- would like to add Li

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Comparison of Musescore, Sibelius and Dorico -- would like to add Lilypond
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 20:50:20 +0100

Karlin High <address@hidden> writes:

> On 11/20/2018 12:38 PM, David Bellows wrote:
>> Over in the /r/composer sub on Reddit, a user put together a chart
>> listing features of Musescore, Sibelius and Dorico.
>
> I remember seeing some past work done with comparing LilyPond to other
> software.
>
> <https://github.com/engraving-challenges/main>
> <https://lilypondblog.org/category/comparisons/>
>
> Other list members here may have more recent references or info.

I think it's always a bit of a squeeze to compare LilyPond with other
programs, particularly in the "challenges" department since the
challenge is often more to the user than to the program, LilyPond being
an open architecture with user-extensible functionality to a much larger
degree than other programs.

So a particularly user may set a checkmark "yes, can do" while this does
not actually hold for a typical user without asking on the mailing list.

--
David Kastrup