Re: No lyric extenders for RhythmicStaff if music comes from a variable

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: No lyric extenders for RhythmicStaff if music comes from a variable
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 10:58:09 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> Well, to summarize:
>>
>> In less than an hour after posting a question / potential bug
>> report, there is
>>
>> - a quick & easy solution provided by an experienced fellow user,
>>
>> - an explanation and some perspective from the main developer
>>   working on that part of the code.
>>
>> Unbeatable.  And on top of this, the excellent quality that LilyPond
>> produces (which is often remarked upon by students & colleagues that
>> see my worksheets containing lots of Lilypond music examples).  It's
>> simply wonderful to work with this program - thanks so much!
>
> Hear, hear!  And yes, great kudos to all the helpful guys on this
> list!

Well, the equivalent of "sure, I agree this sucks" from the "highest
level" is not exactly the most brilliant endorsement, even if it may be
personally satisfying.  Which reminds me of the old joke "I'll believe
that Microsoft is able to deliver products that don't suck when they
start selling vacuum cleaners".

At any rate, nobody will claim in good conscience that LilyPond does not
have its dirty corners.

--
David Kastrup