Re: Protecting against page breaks in markup

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Protecting against page breaks in markup
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 23:21:52 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Do., 29. Nov. 2018 um 11:04 Uhr schrieb Richard Shann
> <address@hidden>:
>

>> As a further point is the term "standard markup objects" well-
>> documented - does it mean "top-level markups", or what I tend to refer
>> to as \markup{} blocks?
>
> I think what's meant is the difference between \markup and \markuplist

It's worth pointing out that for typographic treatment a toplevel markup
(namely a markup invoked outside of any other expression) is
indistinguishable from a markup list with a single element: either are
processed by calling toplevel-text-handler with a markup list (in case
of the markup, a list containing just one markup as element).

--
David Kastrup