Re: Not Nice Review of the LilyPond

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Not Nice Review of the LilyPond
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 11:05:15 +0100

Reggie <address@hidden> writes:

> Has anyone else seen this do you know who the author is? Some complaints
> about gibberish and documentation and God knows what else. Is this a joke
> one or seriously critical of the program? Or in cheek.
> http://www.alethis.net/reference/lily/lily.html

Seems to me like an honest impression (though judging the notation
reference for not being an introduction) and it's not like the author
did not actually invest a lot of work both getting to work with LilyPond
and creating instructions for others to do so.

I probably don't consider this outrageous at all because I am cursing
and yelling at LilyPond on a daily basis and would be able to aim my
insults more precisely than that.

--
David Kastrup