Re: lilypond.org Productions page

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: lilypond.org Productions page
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 09:22:42 +0100

Hi Federico,

Am 03.12.18 um 08:53 schrieb Federico Bruni:
Hello

I was about to send a patch to add a website in the Productions page (sheets are CC licensed, subscription required):
https://www.baroquemusic.it/

Then I realized that 3 out of 4 projects listed under "Published sheet music" section are discontinued.
Should we just delete them?
http://lilypond.org/website/productions.html

You're right, this is quite embarrassing. However, if we remove everything but Mutopia, it will look even more embarrassing, isn't it? I have problems with such pages (applies equally to "News" pages) that reveal more a *lack* of content and activity.

I think we should rather try to do a general collection among users (but this should reach more channels than just this list) to get a number of new entries for the page that makes it a little more impressive.

Which are the requirements (if any) to be listed on that page? Should we link only projects following Free Software principles?

Yes. When Janek and I wanted to use the award for our Oskar Fried edition to put some spotlight on LilyPond we could not get it added to this page. All we could get agreement to was adding a News item about the fact that we used a crowdfunding campain trying to make it possible to open source the edition.

If you know of any other project which may be listed there please let me know.

I will have two projects, but it will need a number of months before they are ready and (in one case) can be publicly disclosed.

Best
Urs

Thanks
Federico