Re: Weirdness with \set associatedVoice

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Weirdness with \set associatedVoice
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 08:59:08 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Gerdau" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>; "David Wright" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 8:46 AM

Hi David,

> Is my understanding of what \set associatedVoice does flawed or is this > a bug?

Without exactly working through the interaction with staff as opposed
to voice, you should know that "\one one" has never worked: the
set associated voice command has to be placed one syllable *earlier*
than the point in the lyrics where it takes effect. I assume there are
good reasons for this and that it won't change.

See if making that change has the desired effect.

thank you for your response and basically confirming the observed behaviour.

I had discovered that placing \set associatedVoice "one syllable too early" does create the desired result and always assumed that is a bug.

To my eyes it certainly is counter intuitive. Maybe someone knowing the rationale behind it could explain the reason?! Don't know if it is documented but IMO the behaviour should be changed if at all possible.

Kind regards,
Michael
--

See https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/1354/