Frescobaldi with LilyPond in WSL (was: Fatal error compiling large proje

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Frescobaldi with LilyPond in WSL (was: Fatal error compiling large project (Win10/2.19.82))
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 22:50:00 +0100

Am 19.12.18 um 21:56 schrieb Michael Gerdau:
First step would be running Frescobaldi from its Git repository
(and at that occasion test if the description is accurate and also works
for Windows 10):
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/wiki/Run-Frescobaldi-3-from-Git-on-Windows
Commenting as I go:
These are the discrepancies so far:
I'm on a 64bit Windows 10, the copy commands needs to be:
cp /c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Frescobaldi/...

Do you think it would be sufficient to state something like "adjust paths to your actual installation"?

There is a directory /c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Frescobaldi/printsupport
Is that copied as well or ignored?

I have no idea if that directory wasn't there when I tried this out or if I simply missed it when writing the rules. I would say this qualifies as "everything except the frescobaldi_app directory", so I'd say yes, copy it.

Which custom branch am I supposed to check out as well?

None so far, there's no relevant code up yet.

The first milestone is having Frescobaldi run from Git at all (which you can see from the "Git" menu appearing between "Session" and "Help").

I must say in advance that I'm not very likely to be able to follow through on this "project". I'm interested in it and can make a few tests to start with, in order to get an idea whether it can work at all. Providing a proper solution is something I can't afford going after at the moment since I'm already busy with several other intrusive projects on Frescobaldi.

One thing you should prepare if Frescobaldi runs at all is register one (and only one) LilyPond instance that should probably point to a regular Windows LilyPond. I'm asking for this because when I'll write any code for this it will be more or less blindsided, and I want to be sure that I don't get confused by Frescobaldi trying to determine the appopriate LilyPond to be used.

Urs

Kind regards,
Michael