Re: synchronization of feathered beams

From: Reggie
Subject: Re: synchronization of feathered beams
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 09:33:03 -0700 (MST)

Kieren MacMillan wrote
> Hi Reggie,
>
>> the notes are not spaced out according to the feathered tempo. […]
>> They should be spaced out to show slow fast change
>
> Why is that necessary? I mean, you obviously *want* that… but I’m not sure
> they "should" be spaced out like that, necessarily.
>
>> How do you do that?
>
> There are dozens of ways, each with advantages and disadvantages.
> Have you tried anything? If so, show us a minimum example, and we’ll help
> you fine-tune it.
>
> Cheers,
> Kieren.
> ________________________________
>
> Kieren MacMillan, composer
> ‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
> ‣ email:

> info@

Respect, but because it's the correct way to do it. Widely accepted.
https://www.scoringnotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/behind-bars-beams-2-300x81.png
You show speed by clumping notes and then more space between as needed
depends on speed. Very accepted.

I have seen this in many Lily scores but never saw a clear answer how to
always get this behavior?
https://www.scoringnotes.com/tutorials/feathered-beams-that-look-and-play-back-correctly-in-sibelius/

Maybe someone can show clearly how Lily handles this correct behavior and
not just default spacing.