Re: synchronization of feathered beams

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: synchronization of feathered beams
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 13:11:58 -0500

Hi Reggie,

> Show me how as the work continues "naturally"" it would
> space out. It doesn't it's always clumpy.
[…]
> It looks terrible even worse with testing breaks.

Lilypond is satisfying the requirements you have provided, either via explicit
breaks (see your examples) or system-count (see example, below) or by offering
nothing (in which case, Lilypond applies its default spacing algorithm):

\version "2.19.82"

\layout {
  system-count = 4
}
\new Staff
\relative c' {
 \override Beam.grow-direction = #LEFT
 \featherDurations #(ly:make-moment 7/1)
 {c32[ d e f g f g f]}  c4 c c |
 \revert Beam.grow-direction
 c4 e d c c1 d e c c c c c c c c
}

If you want different spacing, tell Lilypond how you want it spaced.  =)

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info