Re: Flat flared hairpins

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Flat flared hairpins
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 08:36:55 +0100

Am 31.12.18 um 06:00 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
I need some special flat, flared ended hairpins to indicate pulsing in a string quartet I am setting for a friend. So far, I managed to adapt a textspanner to do the job. It's fiddly but OK. However, because I use a custom graphic path markup for the spanner, the code does not deal with line breaks. It's best to refer to the attached image to see what I mean. I'll put my code here. Would anybody be willing to help out on this? Line break continuation code in lilypond has always been outside my grasp and skill level.

Alternatively, if there is a more nice way to achieve this, I'd be really grateful to hear it.

You could try to make a stencil using elbowed-hairpin, the generic function that is used for simple-hairpin, flared-hairpin, and constante-hairpin:

\version "2.19.82"

{
\override Hairpin.stencil = #(elbowed-hairpin '((0 . 0) (0.9 . 0) (1 . 1)) #t)
  <>\< \repeat unfold 8 c'8
  1\< <>\!