Appoggiatura before barline

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Appoggiatura before barline
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 19:13:11 +0100

Is there any convenient and semantically acceptable way of engraving an appoggiatura (or other grace notes) *before* the barline? I know that usually one is pointed to \afterGrace to achieve something like that but that seems semantically problematic. I produced the attached image using a bunch of extra-offset overrides and a drastic \shape - which is inconvenient.

Thanks for any ideas.
Urs