Re: Tips and Tricks on making Vim a good environment for Lilypond?

From: Mason Hock
Subject: Re: Tips and Tricks on making Vim a good environment for Lilypond?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 16:39:14 -0800

On 01/21, Ivan Kuznetsov wrote:
> I have looked at Frescobaldi, but once one is fluent
> with a Unix editor (which means vim or emacs)
> Frescobaldi and other third party tools are
> _not_ a time saver.

I use vim for everything except large Lilypond projects that consist of
multiple input files. The ability to click on an object in the score and
jump to that place in the code, even if the file containing that code is
not open, outweighs for me vim's advantages as a text editor, but I also
have not spent much time trying to come up with an alternative solution
in vim. How do you angle this.

> You ask about workflow though, and apart from
> a xterm where I am using vim, a PDF viewer which
> automatically reloads an updated file, and a
> Makefile, I don't know that there is anything
> to offer you.

I'd be interested to see one of your Makefiles.

> I have the above template in a separate file, we will say
> this file is called "v.ly", and when I need this template
> I execute in vim:
>
>   :r v.ly

Nice.

Mason