Re: Making espressivo longer

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Making espressivo longer
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 23:27:04 +0000

On 1/22/19, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> People _want_ to believe that what you did was extraordinary enough that
> they don't need to try themselves.

Well in this specific case I certainly do want to try; I can only wish
my code was as neat as Harm’s :-)

Programmer or not, the Free Software world has seen many people who
weren’t paid to write code (and often had a whole other job in their
daily lives) but whose contributions have been important and
appreciated. So the whole "programmer/not a programmer" dichotomy
sounds to me a bit like the "musician/not a musician" I often hear --
and have to respectfully dissent with. Only your work and
contributions matter, no matter your social status or acknowledged
profession.

V.