Emacs lilypond mode formatting and indenting

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Emacs lilypond mode formatting and indenting
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 11:58:30 +1100

Frescobaldi has a great formatting function that indents all the code very nicely and nearly flawlessly.

But since an upgrade to Debian 9 and as the complexity of my current score increases, F. has slowed down to a molasses like rate and has sadly become unusable. [I have never seen that before until now.] Consequently I have returned to Emacs, as a long term Emacs user anyway. The PDF point and click with Emacs all works splendidly on Debian 9, and everything is lightning quick.

The indenting in the current lilypond mode is to put it politely, less than optimal. My question is, can the lilypond-mode reformat and entire buffer like F. does?

Andrew