Re: Change staff clef immediately after time signature

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: Change staff clef immediately after time signature
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 23:42:08 -0500

On 2/4/19 10:18 AM, Aaron Hill wrote:
I overlooked \cueClefUnset so that's the better option.

For the grob, the Internals reference is your friend: CueEndClef

Thanks! I really need to get more familiar with the internals reference. One of these days in my copious free time.

David, thanks for the \grace suggestion — interestingly, when I tried it, the new clef overlapped the time signature, not the primary clefs, and I didn’t get the weird doubling in the right hand.

I’m still a little surprised that LilyPond doesn’t have a setting somewhere to explicitly place clefs regardless of propriety, similar to the way one can force an accidental. Nonetheless, this is a great solution for now — thanks, Aaron and David (and everyone who has helped make this such an amazing piece of software).

~Chris
--
Chris Maden, text nerd
Emperor Norton had the right idea.