Re: Slur connecting fingering numbers

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Slur connecting fingering numbers
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 10:38:02 +0100

Am Di., 5. Feb. 2019 um 04:05 Uhr schrieb Rachel Knight <address@hidden>:

> Hi,
> The slur looks great and I was able to implement it for regular notes (the E
> and D in the example below). In my example though, I need the slur to be
> between the two notes labeled with fingering “1.” The small notes are added
> as an acciaccatura, and when I added \glissando, nothing changed. Do I need
> to add something else?
> Rachel

Hi Rachel,

default LilyPond drops the glissando-stencil in very tight situations. See:

{
  \override Glissando.after-line-breaking =
    #(lambda (grob) (write (ly:grob-property grob 'stencil)))
  \acciaccatura { e''16 f''\glissando }
  e''8
}

Terminal displays '()

Though, my procedure printing the bows relies on a stencil being
present. Thus nothing happens.
This dependance bugs me anyway, so I'll have another look in the evening.

For now you could lengthen the glissando with:

\override Glissando.springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
\override Glissando.minimum-length = 2 %% adjust  to taste.

Cheers,
  Harm