Re: Use arbitrary notes (with stem/flag) as MMR stencil override

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Use arbitrary notes (with stem/flag) as MMR stencil override
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 13:13:58 -0500

Hi David,

> An interface may include some property but that does not make a grob do
> anything with that property.  Those grobs which you'd desire to heed
> that property would all have to be programmatically changed to look at
> that property, by employing some interface-specific function in their
> internals or similar.

That’s exactly what I thought, though I clearly didn’t describe my impression
very well. I understand fully that the grobs would have to be programmatically
changed to deal with that property (which is why I suggested that MMRs would
likely have to be reprogrammed to do exactly what they already do, just via the
new property).

> Basically calling for an interface just calls for giving a set of properties
> a label.

So, I’ll reframe my question:
Does it make sense to give measure-centering properties a label?

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info