Re: modern-straight and flat- flags too thick and too spaced apart

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: modern-straight and flat- flags too thick and too spaced apart
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:30:20 +0100

Am Di., 19. Feb. 2019 um 01:42 Uhr schrieb edes <address@hidden>:

> el 2019-02-17 a las 21:41 Thomas Morley escribió:
>
> > Speaking only for myself I think the OP is correct saying flat-flags
> > should behave like Beams, though I don't agree for
> > modern/old-straight-flags.
>
> I forgot to mention that in the only example that I have at hand of
> horizontal flags (Xenakis' Herma), they indeed behave like horizontal
> beams in every aspect.

Did you already try my suggestion for flat flags?

#(define-public (flat-flag grob)
  "Flat flag style.  The angles of the flags are both 0 degrees"
  ((straight-flag 0.48 0.81 0 1.0 0 1.0) grob))

Put it on top of your ly-file, you should see a significant improvement.

This will be part of a possible patch anyway, though I'm not sure I
can continue work on it before next weekend.

Cheers,
  Harm