Re: Gvim and lilypond and emacs

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Gvim and lilypond and emacs
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 22:19:08 +1100

Only because emacs is failing me in lilypond mode - the initial cause of all this madness. I can't figure that out. Frescobaldi on Debian 9 is taking over ten seconds to position the cursor in a 60 page string quartet, and now emacs is coming up a close second. When the editors are so unresponsive, you go crazy..

For the first time in many years, I am starting to think I need use one of those Other Music Programs. Not good!

Thank you for the reference to the documentation for the current master. While I am a strong proponent of using the most recent development versions always, it would never occur to me to solve this sort of problem by looking at a completely unreleased development branch as a matter of course, or even at all.

Andrew