Re: The Guide to getting Point and Click going with Gvim under Ubuntu 18

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: The Guide to getting Point and Click going with Gvim under Ubuntu 18
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 00:31:16 +1100

Hi Federico,

Well, the '#' issue was a simple typo, not a vast conceptual error.

I developed this on my pristine Ubuntu 18.10 and it all works swimmingly.

I am puzzled by your statement about need to be aware of different paths for apparmor. This is system software and the location does not vary, and it's not something a user optionally installs. What's going on here?

It's very late here and I will take a look at this more closely tomorrow. I saw the error about guile but there's a trivial fix for it - sorry, I post tomorrow when I have a minute. Don't have people searching around for some complex solution to that.

This screed was intended purely for Ubuntu 18.10, and purely for gvim. I became discouraged after people wanted it to be for all distros of Linux and all different editors, a major undertaking. It was never intended to be that, but more a response to a thread where one user was having difficulty with this combination, and the Usage manual does fall a little short. But if people consider it worthwhile I'd be happy to take corrections on board and polish it.

I think the best spot is on the Scores of Beauty blog.

Andrew