Re: Guile for building lilypond on Ubuntu18.10

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Guile for building lilypond on Ubuntu18.10
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 20:23:54 -0500

On Sat 23 Mar 2019 at 11:12:29 (+1100), Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Ubuntu now only supports guile 2 in its own repositories.

AFAICT Debian stretch has the same limitation, but the lilypond
package has guile-1.8 and its libs bundled within.
Each of the lilypond.org versions also has guile included.
Their identically named files have different dates and sizes.

> How does on obtain the guile 1.8 needed to build lilypond for Ubuntu 18.10?
> Do we have to build from the source repository? If so, what exact release?

Perhaps you could install guile and its libs yourself. I haven't
checked whether /usr/local/… would suffice or if they have to be
in the main library locations.

Cheers,
David.