Re: lilypond 2.21

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: lilypond 2.21
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 16:19:48 +0100

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 at 13:50, Partitura Organum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 30-3-2019 10:21, Malte Meyn wrote:

> Am 30.03.19 um 08:17 schrieb Gianmaria Lari:
>> Are there any istructions available to try to compile lilypond 2.21
>> on windows?
>>
>> Thanks, g.
>
> Hi Gianmaria,
>
> if I’m not mistaken there is currently no way to compile on Windows
> itself. Instead, Windows executables are cross-compiled on Linux.
> AFAIK you can use the Linux “LilyDev” in a virtual machine running on
> Windows for that (dear developers, please correct me if that’s wrong,
> I’ve never used LilyDev nor cross-compiled). For LilyDev and its
> installation see
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/lilydev
>
> Cheers,
> Malte

Lilypond can be compiled for Windows with the aid of GUB. It so happens
I did a build yesterday. If you just want the result of compilation
(instead of the fun of doing it yourself) you can download my latest
build here:
http://partitura.org/index.php/lilypond/

Cheers,
Auke

oh, thank you! I downloaded it. I will try it a bit later.

Thanks a lot, Gianmaria