Re: Markup wrap at the end of the line

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Markup wrap at the end of the line
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 16:57:43 +0200

On 3/31/19, edes <address@hidden> wrote:
> as someone who has been using free software for about 20 years now, i know
> the situation. in fact, lilypond is perhaps the project with the highest
> ratio between complexity and resources i know. unfortunately, i'm not a
> programmer and i can't contribute myself.

There are _quite_ a lot of ways in which anyone can contribute without
being a programmer. (Speaking from personal experience.)

Now, the specific problem you’ve stumbled upon happens to be one that
involves some of the trickiest, most specialized parts of LilyPond’s
codebase. However, by taking some trivial stuff out of the plate of
more experienced contributors, you may help give them more time to
tackle complicated issues. At least, that’s how I’ve seen my own
contributions for the past twelve years.

> i think, however, that an agreement is a very important first step. at
> least, it would be introduced in a TO-DO list. it will be taken care of
> when or if there's somebody willing and able to do it.

Well, I think this is what most of us regard as our TODO list:
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/search/?q=_type%3AEnhancement+AND+status%3AAccepted

Cheers,
V.