Re: Turn lead sheet into a blank staff

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Turn lead sheet into a blank staff
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 23:06:37 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying with a custom \hide command, defined as follows:

   hide = {
     \override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t
     \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
     \override TupletBracket #'bracket-visibility = ##f
     \override TupletNumber #'stencil = ##f
     \override Accidental #'transparent = ##t
     \override Tie #'transparent = ##t
     \override Slur #'transparent = ##t
     \override Dots #'transparent = ##t
     \override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner #'transparent = ##t
     \override Beam #'transparent = ##t
     \override Rest #'transparent = ##t
   }

but with it I'm still having fermata and courtesy accidentals.
Idea how to override them to be also transparent ?

The corresponding objects are Script and AccidentalCautionary.

But your syntax is quite old (really ancient!) - which Lilypond version are you using?

In recent versions you should write \override Dots.transparent = ##t and you might even write \hide Dots (which is a shorthand).

Lukas