Re: Automatically splitting long notes according to the beat?

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: Automatically splitting long notes according to the beat?
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 09:26:37 -0700

Hey David,

> When all else fails, try reading the documentation.

> <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/displaying-rhythms#automatic-note-splitting>

>\new Voice \with { \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
                   \consists "Completion_heads_engraver"
                   completionUnit = #(ly:make-moment 1/4)
                 }
>{c'8 c'2 c'4 c'8}

Wow. I actually read through that section many times and never picked
up on the fact that completionUnit would help out in this case -- I
thought it only affected the split when it happened across bar lines.

Anyway, this works perfectly and gives one a lot of control on how to
split things up. Thanks!