Re: Open glissando

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: Open glissando
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 20:06:34 +0200

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 06:19:59AM -0700, Aaron Hill wrote:

> Here's my take using scaled durations and some additional tweaks:
>
> %%%%
> \version "2.19.82"
> \paper { ragged-right = ##t }
> \fixed c' {
>   \time 3/4
>   | c'4 c'
>     c'4*1/2-\tweak style #'zigzag \glissando
>     \single \hideNotes
>     \tweak X-offset #2 \tweak X-extent #'(0 . 0)
>     c4*1/2
>     \break
>   | c'4 c' c
> }
> %%%%

Great, I didn't know about scaled durations! Thank you !

It's almost exactly the same as the original,
but in the original the glissando drawing ends on the bar,
while using this code it ends in the hidden note which
is still a bit before the bar, is that what the X-extent
is aimed at fixing ?

> The issue with the unterminated tie can be resolved by being explicit about
> voice creation:
>
> %%%%
> \version "2.19.82"
> \paper { ragged-right = ##t }
> \new Voice = "foo" \fixed e' {
>   | e8 [ e8 e8 d8 ] g4 ^^ e4 ~ \bar ":|."
>   <<
>     \context Voice = "foo" { | e4 b4\rest b2\rest }
>     \new Voice {
>       \voiceTwo \hideNotes
>       | \tweak X-offset #-1.5 e2 -\tweak style #'zigzag \glissando e,2
>     }
>   >>
> }
> %%%%

Thanks, this also worked, although the X-offset tweak here
results in a segmentation fault with GNU LilyPond 2.18.2

Here's the snippet:

    <<
      \context Voice = "main"
      { e4 b'4\rest b2\rest }
      \\
      {
        \tweak X-offset #2
        %\hideNotes
        e,2 -\tweak style #'zigzag \glissando e,
      }

NOTE: it doesn't segfault if I uncomment \hideNotes, but
since the X-offset seems to have NO effect I wanted to see
those notes...

--strk;