Re: tag issue

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: tag issue
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 11:56:51 +0200

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 at 11:41, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
Am Sa., 13. Apr. 2019 um 11:16 Uhr schrieb Gianmaria Lari
<address@hidden>:

> I don't understand the following behaviour:
>
> \version "2.18.2"
> \tagGroup #'(testOne testTwo)
>
> music = {
>   \tag #'testOne b
>   \tag #'testTwo b^"M "
> }
>
> \keepWithTag #'testOne {\music~\music}
> \keepWithTag #'testTwo {\music~\music}
>
> I would expect this would generate two pretty similar scores: the first
>
> b~b
>
> and the second
>
> b^M~b^M
>
> (so both with a tie)
>
> but instead it generates:
>
> b b    (no tie!!)
>
> and
>
> b^M~b^M
>
>  Where is the error?
>
> * *
>
> I noticed that if i invert the tag order
>
> music = {
>   \tag #'testTwo b^"M"
>   \tag #'testOne b
> }
>

> now the output is:
>
> b~b
>
> and
>
> b^M b^M (no tie!)
>

> Any help?
> Thank you, g.

Hi Gianmaria,

this is surely not 2.18.2-code ;)

:))))))

Well, I installed 2.21 but the reason is "signed" 2.18 it's because I started from some old code and didn't pay attention to it!

With 2.21.0 the construct
\music ~ \music
will add the Tie to the last event of first \music, if suitable. But
this last element is removed by \keepWithTag #'testOne, thus no Tie.

Ok! Clear

The following would work, although I guess it's not what you want:

{ \keepWithTag #'testOne \music ~ \keepWithTag #'testOne \music }

You're right, this does not work for what I need :(

I probably could use a scheme substitution function (probably this is not the correct name) but probably this would change to much my original code. I have to think about it.

Thanks a lot Harm.
Ciao, g.