Re: Is anyone using "tabr" ? (tablature oriented package)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Is anyone using "tabr" ? (tablature oriented package)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 21:43:51 +0000

From: Gauco Wander Beall <address@hidden>
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 11:20 AM
To: <address@hidden>

Hi there:

This is my first post,

and i like to ask about "tabr":

Is anyone using it ?

I have never used tabr, and cannot imagine a reason why I would want to do it.

Have you read the CRAN documentation for the package tabr?  https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/tabr/tabr.pdf

It appears to show how you build up objects before you pass them to lilypond.  You need to create some phrases, then combine them into a score, and call tab(score….).

Personally, I’d rather just write the lilypond code instead of writing R code that will do a conversion to lilypond with whatever restrictions are built into the R data structures found in the tabr package.

I’d suggest you ask for help on R forums; you are the first person I’ve seen on the LilyPond forums asking for help with tabr.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Carl