Re: Volume Events Appearing In MIDI File

From: Mr Tim
Subject: Re: Volume Events Appearing In MIDI File
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 11:04:08 -0400

Thanks, Phil.  That did the trick.

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 10:17 AM Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
Have you read http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/controlling-midi-dynamics#setting-midi-block-properties and tried removing the dynamic performer?

--
Phil Holmes

----- Original Message -----
From: Mr Tim
To: address@hidden
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2019 2:37 PM
Subject: Volume Events Appearing In MIDI File

I had to re-install Lilypond and Frescobaldi on a new computer so they are much newer version than I had since I usually don't fix things that aren't broken :-) But I noticed now there are volume events in the MIDI outoupt that were not there before.  I don't even remember what version I was running before, but now, when I bring the MIDI into Logic Pro, I can't set the volume channels because the volume events keep setting it back.  I have to delete all the volume events for every MIDI file I bring in.

Is this a new default behavior?

Is there a way to have Lilypond not include volume events in the MIDI output?

Thanks,
Tim